Bilberry is famous for its ability to relieve the symptoms of eyestrain, particularly eye strain caused by computer work, glare, poor lighting and fine detailed close up work. Now we’d like to shed some light on Bilberry 5000’s other great benefits for visual clarity and general eye health. But first, let’s take a closer look at how it works…
- Free radicals are constantly produced as a by-product of the body’s own metabolic processes, but if they overwhelm the body’s ability to control them, it results in a condition known as oxidative stress.
- Bilberries contain potent antioxidant compounds called anthocyanosides which help counter balance the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Anthocyanosides also specifically target and help support the regeneration of rhodopsin.
- Rhodopsin is a protein found in specialised light receptor cells called rods. As a vital part of the retina (the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye), rods provide vision in low light and help the eyes adapt to glare.
- Bilberries may also help strengthen the walls of the small capillaries in the eye, which help nourish the eye.
Bilberry 5000 may:
- Help visual clarity and sharpness
- Assist rod function, light adaption and micro-circulation
- Support capillary health
- Have a positive effect on retinal function
- Maintain night vision
- Relieve eyestrain
- Protect against oxidative stress
- Improve blood flow, nutrient supply and oxygen delivery to the eye
- Restore visual sharpness faster after exposure to glare