- How does Your Salary Benefits collect personal information?
- What if you do not want to provide personal information?
- What kind of personal information does Your Salary Benefits store?
- How will Your Salary Benefits use personal information?
- Your access to personal information
- Will personal information be disclosed to anyone else?
- How is personal information protected?
- More Information
2. How does Your Salary Benefits collect personal information?
Procurement Australia operates the Website. The Website, among other things, allows you to create an online account to become a member and access discounts on a range of products and services.
If you wish to create an account or submit a comment on an article on the Website, you must provide a name and email address for the purpose of identifying yourself, which assists the Website’s editorial and moderation process. You can choose not to provide your personal information or you may just want to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. If this happens, we may not be able to provide you with the product/service you asked for or give you the level of service you expect.
The Website uses “cookies” to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies contain information by which Your Salary Benefits can identify your computer on our servers but does not contain any personal information that would identify you. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies.
Your Salary Benefits may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising that we believe may be of interest to these users, based on that information. In some cases a web page within a Website might contain more than one cookie, the information gathered from these different cookies are used to build statistical and demographical information which does not identify you personally to advertisers and our partners for marketing, promotional purposes.
To disable or clear your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
PA is ADMA Data Pass accredited, to ensure that PA is up to date with its obligations with data, and has a clear understanding of data collection, handling, privacy and consent issues.
3. What if you do not want to provide personal information?
You are not under any obligation to provide your personal information to Your Salary Benefits. However, if you do not provide your personal information to us, you may not be able to access requested product or services, or submit and have posted any comments submitted on news articles and the like.
Similarly, Your Salary Benefits may also refuse to post comments submitted where false or misleading personal information is supplied.
4. What kind of personal information does Your Salary Benefits store?
The personal information we collect from the Website and store may include (but is not limited to) your name, address, contact details, company and if relevant, financial information, including credit card information.
Generally speaking, we do not collect your “sensitive information” (as defined in the Act, which includes information such as your racial background, religious beliefs or health information) through our Website.
5. How will Your Salary Benefits use personal information?
Your personal information may also be used in order to:
- provide the services and information you require;
- administer and manage those services (including charging, billing and collecting debts if required);
- inform you of offers, activities, events, facilities and services;
- provide you with news articles or other materials;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
- research, develop and expand our facilities and services;
- gain an understanding of our members’ and your needs to provide a better service in all its areas of activities;
- maintain and develop our internal systems and infrastructure including upgrading of these systems;
- the personal information may also be collected to promote and market other services that we consider important or beneficial to our members and you, or not for profit status. Accordingly, we may write to any email address supplied by you to confirm that the email address is genuine.
We will not otherwise use your personal information for any other purposes (unless required by law) without your consent.
6. Your access to personal information:
There are circumstances where, by law, we may not give you access to the personal information we hold about you. For example, we cannot give you access if it would unreasonably affect someone else’s privacy or if giving you access poses a serious threat to someone’s life, health or safety.
7. Will personal information be disclosed to anyone else?
Your Salary Benefits teams up with third-party companies or suppliers to offer products or services (“Preferred Partner”). When necessary, we may provide personal information to a Preferred Partner that they need to assist in fulfilling your enquiry. In turn, that Preferred Partner will provide information back to Your Salary Benefits to ensure your enquiry has been fulfilled to your satisfaction. In these circumstances, we have arrangements in place with our Preferred Partner that limits their use or disclosure of your personal information to these purposes.
Other than the above, we will not, in the course of its operations, disclose personal information to any outside parties without your consent.
In certain circumstances, Your Salary Benefits may be compelled by law to disclose personal information to various authorities, such as where we are compelled to disclose the personal information by a warrant, to react to unlawful activity, serious misconduct, or to reduce or prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety.
Your Salary Benefits does not sell, rent or trade personal information collected from the Website to or with third parties. Your Salary Benefits may also disclose your personal information to contractors and data storage facilities located overseas. We have arrangements in place with our third-party contractors that limits further disclosure of your personal information.
8. How is personal information protected?
Your Salary Benefits takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information that it holds from misuse and loss. It also protects that information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Your Salary Benefits maintains physical security, such as locks and security systems, over our electronic data servers, computers and premises. We also maintain computer and network security, for example firewalls (security measures for the Internet), anti-virus software, identification codes and passwords and other security measures, in order to control access to computer systems. We also regularly back-up our electronic data to minimise loss of data in the event of system failures.
10. More Information
POST: Level 10, 440 Collins Street Melbourne VIC 3000
TELEPHONE: 1300 248 724
If you make a complaint about privacy, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint, and try to investigate and respond to you within 30 days. If you are unhappy with the outcome, you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at http://www.privacy.gov.au